If anything in these Bye-Laws is in contravention or in conflict with the Memorandum of Association or Rules and Regulations of the Society the same provision of the Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations shall have the supremacy.
Constitution of Ocular Trauma Society of India
- Name : The name of the society shall be OCULAR TRAUMA SOCIETY OF INDIA ( O.T.S.I.)
- Head Quarters : The Head quarter of the society will be located at NEW DELHI.
- Aims & Objectives
- To promote and stimulate general advancement,education, prevention, management and research activities related to ocular trauma.
- To serve as a link between the members interested in the specialty of OCULAR TRAUMA, RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY & LEGAL PROFESSION.
- To promote continuing medical education by organizing seminars, symposia and workshops of interest to the members of the OCULAR TRAUMA SOCIETY.
- To provide help and assistance to the members of the society, especially in academic and research activities.
- To publish bulletin of the society at frequent intervals.
- To assist in the publication of books or journals and other publications including audiovisual material by the society.
- To award prizes/awards for outstanding work and advancing the field of OCULAR TRAUMA.
- To organize fund raising and welfare activities in the service of humanity at large.
- To seek affiliation with allied specialities.
- To undertake any activity which will further the interest of the speciality of OCULAR TRAUMA or allied fields of the society.
- Financial – sell, purchasing, rent, mortgage, hypothecate and to have any commercial activity.
- All the incomes, earning, movable or immovable properties of the society shall be solely tilized and applied towards the promotion of its aims and objects only, as set forth in memorandum of the society. No profit, thereof, shall be applied in any manner whatsoever for the personal benefit of the present or past members of the society or to any person claiming through any one or more of the present or the past members. No member of the society shall have any personal claims on any movable and immovable properties of the society or make profits whatsoever, by virtue of the membership.
- To develop a criteria for ocular trauma.
- The names, address, occupations and designations of the present members of the executive committee to whom the management of the society is entrusted as required under Section 2 of the Society’s Registration Act. 1860 (Punjab Amendment Act, 1957) as applicable to the areas
as follows :
- “We the undersigned are desirous of forming a society namely “OCULAR TRAUMA SOCIETY” of India under the Society’s Registration Act, 1960.”